- Behzad Arabgoli transferred to solitary; he launches a hunger strike.
- Hasan Asadi-Zeidabadi transferred to solitary; he launches a hunger strike.
- Emad Bahavar transferred to solitary; he launches a hunger strike.
- Alireza Kazemzadeh transferred to solitary; he launches a hunger strike.
- Arash Sharifi, Sunni death row prisoner, transferred from Kashan prison to Evin.
- Kurdish journalist Ghasem Ahmadi begins serving his 2 years sentence in Mahabad prison.
- Abdolnabi, Adnan, Hossein and Reza Al-Boumousa-Doraghi, arrested in Khouzestan province.
- Mohammad Mataji arrested for sending SMS to MPs 3 months before arrest.
- Ali and Jasem Mojadam arrested in Khouzestan province.
- Ahmad Shah-Rezaei begins serving his 1.5 years sentence in Evin.
- Khaled Tamimi arrested in Khouzestan province.
- 8 people arrested in Ahvaz province.
- Five Kurdish civilians arrested in Hawraman
- Hasan Bazrafkan, Baha’I, released on bail from Shiraz prison.
- Keyvan Karimi, Kurdish film-maker, released on bail.
- Akbar Pourhosseini freed from Semnan prison at the end of his 18 months sentence.
- Ghasem Rahimi-Azar freed from Mahabad prison at the end of his 4 years sentence.
- Ramezan Saeedi, Kurdish prisoner, released after serving his 8 years sentence.
- Asadollah Asadi is on dry hunger strike.
- Home of Nasrin Sotoudeh broken into.
News of injustice in Iran
- Ebrahim Fazli, dervish Gonabadi, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Seyed Hadi Hosseini’s death sentence overturned due to mental incompetence.
- Asghar Karimi, dervish Gonabadi, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Sedigh Mohammadi’s death sentence overturned due to mental incompetence.
- Mohammad-Ali Saedi, dervish Gonabadi, sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Hossein Saketi-Aramsarei (Stephen) sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- 5 hangings in Dizel Abad prison last week.
- One hanging in Zahedan.
University – Culture
- Baha’i Nilisa Yahyavi expelled from Semnan University.
- Student newspaper “Bamdad” banned at Mazandaran University.
- Former Kurdish prisoner Afsaneh Bayzidi prevented from continuing her education.
- Protest of 2000 workers from thirty different factories in Qazvin city.
- President Hassan Rouhani has been officially invited to attend the 50th Munich Security Conference.
- Iran has officially approved the import of hazardous fuel additives from China.
- The point-to-point inflation rate has dropped to 28.8% from 29.8% in the month of Azar (November 22 –December 21 2013) and the 12-month inflation declined from 39.5% to 35.5
- Iranian businessman and capitalist Babak Zanjani arrested.
- After 4 years of denial, Iran Basij commander admits to shooting at 2009 protesters
- At least 15% of Iranians are illiterate.
- 1 dead, 30 injured after magnitude 5.5 earthquake hitting Bastak in southern Iran.
- Security forces prevent human rights group and citizen activists from holding memorial service for Nelson Mandela at prayer house in Tehran.
Please help us to keep it updated
Filed under: Activism, Human Rights, Iran Weekly News, Updates Tagged: Human Rights, Iran
via @lissnup on WordPress