- Political prisoner Ali Moezzi returned to prison after being taken to Karaj radiology center.
- Workers’ rights activist Reza Shahabi, hospitalized again.
- Hamid Meibedi, Davoud Mirzaei, and Alahverdi Rouhi, political activists, arrested in Karaj.
- Elham Moghan, Baha’i from Esfahan, arrested.
- Yahya Sarkhani begins serving his 3 years sentence in Mahabad prison.
- More than 100 Kurds arrested in Tehran.
- Student activist Majid Tavakoli released on furlough from Rejaei Shahr.
- Asadollah Asadi and Mahmoud Bagheri released on furlough from Evin.
- Motahereh Bahrami-Haghighi and Morteza Khosravi-Rad released on furlough.
- Political prisoner Manouchehr Maimanat has been released from Borazjan (Boushehr) prison after completing his 4 years sentence.
- National-Religious activist Masoud Pedram has been released on a 3 day furlough.
- Student activist Arash Sadeghi freed on bail.
- Mehdi Tarokh released on bail.
- Pezhman Zafarmand freed after being acquitted by Appeals.
News of injustice in Iran
- Sentence of Baha’i Nasim Ashrafi, reduced by appeals from 3 to 1 year.
- Babak Asiaei, cultural activist, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Nasim Bagheri, Baha’i, sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Student activist Afshin Jamshidi sentenced to 6 months prison.
- Student activist Zia Navabi was acquitted of the new charges filed against him. He is serving a 10 years sentence in Ahvaz prison.
- Student activist Amir Nazeri sentenced to 6 months prison.
- Court of Appeals has overturned the 10 month sentence of civil/cultural activist Mohtaram Rahmani, giving her a monetary fine.
- 2 Kurdish brothers Farough and Farzad Samani sentenced to 5 years prison.
- 6 men and 1 woman hanged in Dizelabad prison of Kermanshah.
University – Culture
- Mahmoud Zolfonoon, the Iranian violin master, has passed away at the age of 93 in the United States.
- Student activist Mehdi Amani prevented from pursuing his studies.
- Protests in Hormozgan; several arrests.
- 180 petrochemical workers stage protest.
- Tehran Imam Khomeini Hospital’s Nurses rally against mandatory overtime.
- Followers of Ahl-e Haqq (Yarsanism) protest in front of the parliament; 80 arrested.
- 10,000 people in Ahvaz protest against diversion of Karoon river.
- EU parliamentary delegation, headed by Hannes Swoboda meets Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani.
- China had seized an Iranian oil tanker bound for North Korea.
- French MPs visit their counterpart in Iran to boost cooperation between both countries.
- Delay of 5 months’ salary for 120 soap factory workers.
- Former dismissed health minister, Marziyeh Vahid-Dastjerdi, has been appointed adviser to the Judiciary Chief.
- 7 children injured during a mine explosion in Kurdistan.
- Clashes between students and basij at Mazandaran University.
- Ahwaz, the most polluted city in the world.
- Level of carcinogen benzene in Tehran air is 10 times higher than standards.
- 25-year-old Razi Guntari, attending a funeral service for his friend, was shot and killed by internal security forces in Shadegan.
- Daughter of Moussavi assaulted and bitten by a female security officer.
Please help us to keep it updated
Filed under: Activism, Events, Human Rights, Iran Weekly News, Updates Tagged: Human Rights, Iran, Majid Tavakoli
via @lissnup on WordPress