- Shahram Ahmadi, Sunni prisoner, transferred from Rejaei Shahr to Arak prison.
- Taleb Maleki, Sunni prisoner, transferred from Rejaei Shahr to Qom prison.
- Behrouz Shah-Nazari, Sunni prisoner, transferred from Rejaei Shahr to Seman prison.
- Arash Sharifi, Sunni prisoner, transferred from Rejaei Shahr to Kashan prison.
- Kaveh Sharifi, Sunni prisoner, transferred from Rejaei Shahr to Yazd prison.
- Seyyed Mohammad Seifzadeh transferred to Tehran Heart Hospital.
- Afshin Bolbolan, Baha’i from Abadeh, arrested.
- Akbar Mohajeri, Azeri environmentalist, arrested and sent to Tabriz prison to serve his sentence.
- Behzad Nabavi is back to Evin at the end of furlough.
- 63 people have been arrested in Kerman charged with conspiracy and plotting against the Islamic Republic.
- 2 students arrested during Rouhani’s speech at Tehran University.
- Bahador Alizadeh freed from Evin.
- Poet Mostafa Badkoobei freed from Evin.
- Mohammad Eshagh-Abadi freed from Evin.
- Mohammad-Vali Gholamnejad freed from Evin.
- Civic activist Mehdi Hamidi Shafigh released from Tabriz prison.
- Isa Khan-Hatami freed from Evin.
- Behzad Nabavi released on furlough.
- Ali Nemati freed from Evin.
- Alireza Roshan, Gonabadi dervish, freed at the end of his sentence.
- Vahid Rouh-Bakhsh freed from Evin.
- Farzad Rouhi freed from Evin.
- Arash Sadeghi released on 500 million toman bail.
- Arash Saghar released on furlough.
- Peyman Samadi freed from Evin.
- Fatemeh Ziaei-Azad freed at the end of her sentence.
- Hamid Zoodi freed from Mahabad prison 3 months before the end of his sentence.
- Women’s rights activist Mahdieh Farahani summoned to court in Evin, arraigned and released on bail until court date.
News of injustice in Iran
- Ezatollah Ahmadian acquitted by Appeals.
- 6 months sentence of Negin Ahmadian upheld by Appeals.
- In a retrial of his case by the Appeals Court political prisoner Emad Bahavar’s sentence reduced from 10 years to 7 years.
- Reformist activist Behnam Chegini sentenced to 9 years in prison.
- Six months sentence prison upheld for civic activist Hassan Damirchi.
- Currently on furlough, Iranian-Canadian blogger Hossein Derakhshan’s sentenced reduced from 19 1/2 to 17years.
- Baha’i Ardeshir Fanaian sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Baha’i Golrokh Firouzian sentenced to 9 months in prison.
- Baha’i Shidrokh Firouzian sentenced to 9 months in prison.
- 6 months sentence of Behnaz Hadadzadeh upheld by Appeals.
- Fataneh Hajipour acquitted by Appeals.
- Ali-Akbar Jafar-Dehbashi, editor in chief of Bokhara magazine, sentenced to 11 months + monetary fine.
- Shahrzad Khalili acquitted by Appeals.
- 6 months sentence of Negar Malekzadeh upheld by Appeals.
- 6 months sentence of Hourieh Mohseni upheld by Appeals.
- 6 months sentence of Arman Mokhtari upheld by Appeals.
- Navid Nabili acquitted by Appeals.
- Mehran Rahbari, Gonabadi dervish, acquitted by Appeals.
- Shayan Tafazoli acquitted by Appeals.
- Naghmeh Zabiheyan acquitted by Appeals.
- Three hangings in Marivan.
- 5 hangings in Sanandaj prison.
- One hanging in Esfahan prison.
- One hanging in Ilam.
University – Culture
- Mohammad Rasoulof wins Nurnberg International Human Rights Film Festival prize for a lifetime achievement; he can’t attend the ceremony being banned from leaving Iran.
- Ahwaz News Agency unblocked after 15 months.
- Sunni prisoners’ families gathered in front of Sanandaj intelligence office.
- Protest against air pollution in Arak.
- Iran says it arrested three Israeli spies.
- Deputy FM gives interview to Israeli radio.
- Iran Khodro to dispatch 10,000 cars to Russia a year.
- Iran’s Mammoth Energy Group Corp (MMTE) and Italy’s Tenova Steel have signed a $100m contract for the construction of a steel plant in Kerman province.
- The Iranian cabinet appointed Abdolhossein Moghtadaei, Seyyed Mohammad Ahmadi and Vajihollah Khedmatgozar as governor-generals of Khuzestan, Fars and South Khorasan provinces respectively.
- In clashes between PJAK and Pasdaran Army, 5 Iranian Pasdaran killed.
Filed under: Activism, Events, Human Rights, Iran Weekly News, Updates Tagged: Abdollah Momeni, Evin Prison, Human Rights, Iran, Masoud Bastani
via @lissnup on WordPress