- Mohsen Aminzadeh transferred to hospital again.
- Khosrow and Masoud Kordpour transferred to Mahabad prison.
- Iraj Mohammadi is back to general ward after 5 days in solitary confinement.
- The first time in 4 years that there is nothing to report in this section!
- Saeed Abdi, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Babak Ghaneh, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Nima, Sina and Tohid Hasani, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Participation Front member Jamileh Karimi released after 10 weeks in prison in Shiraz.
- Paria and Sevda Khalilzadeh, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Milad Koulani, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Saeed Lotfi, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Erfan Moghadam, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Member of the Freedom Front Mehdi Mohagheghi has been released on furlough.
- Masoumeh Parivazh, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Faculty of Tehran University and member of the National Peace Council, Mohammad Sadegh Rabani has been released on furlough.
- Sima Sakeni, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Hossein and Zahra Zad-Ghasem, arrested in Urmiah, freed.
- Economic analyst and journalist Saeed Laylaz was taken to Evin but freed after questioning despite sentence of 6 years.
- Kurd, Afshin Sohrabzadeh, 23, sentenced to prison in exile on political charges has committed suicide in prison.
News of injustice in Iran
- Babak Baghaei acquitted by an Appeals Court in East Azerbaijan.
- Workers’ Rights Activist Vafa Ghaderi sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Workers’ Rights Activist, Ghaleb Hosseini, sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- Fatemeh Kheradmand sentenced to one year in prison.
- Mir-Taher Mousavi’s sentence reduced by Appeals to 3 years + 2 years suspended.
- One public hanging in Ahvaz on Saturday.
- One hanging in Gachsaran on Saturday.
- Two public hangings in Karaj on Sunday.
- 2 hangings in Khorramabad.
- Mortazavi and 2 other judges sentenced to permanent suspension from Judicial duty, 5 years suspension from any official duty and 200,000 Toman fine.
- Prisoner dies suspiciously a day before his release in Bandar Abbas prison.
- 21 hangings in Ghezel-Hesar prison on Tuesday.
- 4 hangings in Rejaei Shahr on Wednesday.
- 6 hangings in Bam on Friday.
University – Culture
- Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences invited acclaimed filmmaker Jafar Panahi to join the Academy as a Director.
- Print shops were ordered not to print newspapers reporting on the Kahrizak case verdicts.
- Alireza Roshan, Gonabadi dervish, receives French poetry prize for resistance André Verdet
- United Workers on strike in Khuzestan Steel Complex
- 300 workers of Imam Khomeini International Airport staged a sit-in in protest to non-payment of wages and benefits.
- Iran detains Slovak hang-glider group.
- Ahmadinejad and Rostam Ghasemi, oil minister, in Russia for Gas Exporting Countries Forum.
- Iran’s top diplomat Ali Akbar Salehi meets Qatar’s new ruler Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
- Ahmadinejad meets Bolivian counterpart.
- Al-Alam (state-run 24-hour Arabic news channel, targeting Arab audience, officially controlled by Khamenei’s bureau), Al-Kawthar , Press TV, HispanTV, iFilm” are among the Iranian TV channels whose transmission has been stopped on the European IntelSat, EutelSat 8, NileSat orbit and Galaxy 19.
- Iran importing missile-grade ore from Germany, France.
- Top Chinese shipping companies sever ties with Iran.
- Georgia unilaterally cancels visa-free travel with Iran.
- Foreign investments in Iran increased by 17% in 2012.
- $1 = 3415 toman
- Price of medicine has increased on average 40% on domestic and 90% imported medicine.
- Price of poultry rises 9% in one week. Tea and legume prices have jumped over 100% in one year.
- Government lodges complaint against two Majlis members following their comments on Ahmadinejad’s visit to the UN.
- Iran refuses any visit of UN Human Rights rapporteur.
- Princess Fawzia Fouad , the former empress of Iran has passed away in Egypt.
- Impatient residents block train in Kerman Province.
Please help us to keep it updated
Filed under: Activism, Events, Human Rights, Iran Weekly News, Updates Tagged: Evin Prison, Human Rights, Iran, Tehran
via @lissnup on WordPress